How can we improve? Help us make Ubersense better

Automatic drawing of a selected object

I would love for ubersense to automatically trace the path of an object I select. E.g I would like to select the tip of a barbel and have the software draw the path of it for me as I clean the bar. Possibilities are endless from selecting the head of a golf club and seeing the path of the club drawn on the screen to the pitch of a ball.

282 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    EwanEwan shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →

9 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • tomtakushitomtakushi commented  · 

yeah,great idea,like to see the path the golf club head is taking during the swing.

• Russ & AnnRuss & Ann commented  · 

Great idea! It could trace the golf club as well as the launch angle of the golf ball.

• Brian Brian commented  · 

Kinovea has this feature just as a reference.

• AnonymousAnonymous commented  · 

There is an app for android phones that does this exact thing, so it's definitely something that can be done using a tablet or phone!!!
        Would great if it was a feature available for apple devices!!!

• Raúl ArellanoRaúl Arellano commented  · 

This is very interesting, but complex to implement if the object to track is not clearly different from the background. The shutter speed is another think to control in this case.
        Manual digitalizing of a trajectory path could be a first step and exporting capabilities to excel or numbers: time, x and y coordinates.

• Anonymous commented  · 

This would be great for any racquet sport or golf or baseball where the path, angle and speed of the swing are critical to a successful result!

• TojastoTojasto commented  · 

That would be fantastic!

• EwanEwan commented  · 

Hope it's implemented.

Feedback and Knowledge Base