How can we improve? Help us make Ubersense better

PC Version?

Do you guys have a PC/Mac version of this app? I use it for bicycle fitting and it would be awesome to use in a fit studio with computers and fixed cameras rather than iPads. Thanks! Zach

218 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Zach TerryZach Terry shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →
    Hudl SupportAdminHudl Support (Hudl, Ubersense) responded  · 

Thanks Zach. At this time we don’t ahve any plans for a desktop version. However, you can use a fixed camera and import these videos into the app for analysis.

37 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Bay PaulBay Paul commented  · 

Yes that would be great. Mac version would be awesome. Hard to edit on phone.

• Björn KieftBjörn Kieft commented  · 

Dear Hudl Support maybe it is posibele to combine Kinovea. Your App is creat for tablet or phone Kinovea is creat for PC.
        You do not have a PC version, Kinovea hasn't a tablet version. So maybe you can combine each others strenght!

Kind Regards B. Kieft (NL)

• Anonymous commented  · 

Pc version will be a must! Much easier if you have to edit and compare lots of videos (team) or even just a couple, add comments etc...

• Anonymous commented  · 

Please a PC version !

• Anonymous commented  · 

If you still have no plans to create a desktop version y'all are morons.

• Anonymous commented  · 

A windows verion to play on larger screens would be great

• Anonymous commented  · 

is there a desktop version of this app yet. I need one as my tablet is not the best and want to record from a handycam and playback via laptop for analysis.

• LucotteLucotte commented  · 

Please... a Windows 10 universal app!

• VivienVivien commented  · 

I have started using über sense for video taking on my mini iPad. And would like to transfer to my home PC for backup. Is that possible and how?

• MichaelMichael commented  · 

...and another voice for a Windows 8.1 version. The Android version works fine, but the screen is too small to review the fine details with the athletes. There are a lot of good Windows tablets out there (I have one) with which reviews are much, much easier.

So please create a Windows 8.1 version of Ubersense/Hudl Technique.

• TimTim commented  · 

can you import videos from your ipad to a desktop?

• ChrisChris commented  · 

Make a PC version please

• Anonymous commented  · 

+1 for a desktop version. While the phone is good in the field, further analysis at home really could use the bigger screen and mouse control (particularly for drawing/measuring).

• RichardRichard commented  · 

I'm going to try ubersense but if not having a PC version is too cumbersome I'll go back to V1 golf. The ability to do my editing on a larger screen and mouse is very helpful.

• Anonymous commented  · 

Just added a voice requesting a desktop version - sooner the better.
        Seems a crazy business decision not to, you'd easily be market leader with it.

• AnonymousAnonymous commented  · 

On PC since Ubersense or any of the other Mobile developers aren't really creating Desktop Windows or Mac Clients... If you use a PC, try Kinovea. It works decently well and lets you do everything the app lets you do, and more. It's a Desktop App, so its performance is great unlike Techsmith's choppy-as-hell Coach's Eye Metro App.

If you want something that works better, then Dartfish Connect has got you covered, but that pretty much demands you drop Ubersense and move to Dartfish Express... Neither of those are available for Mac. Sorry.

I think many overestimate the demands of developing a PC app. It's harder, because PC operating systems do not hold your hand with a lot of the device-oriented APIs available on Mobile Devices (a lot of what you get for free must be developed from scratch because PCs have different configurations/hardware and capabilities). Also, the feature set that people demand in Desktop software is far greater than a Mobile device. Kinovea does about 900% more than these Mobile Video analysis apps do, so do try it if you're on a PC. You can import and export video from the mobile analysis apps just fine, and use a Cloud Service like OneDrive or DropBox as a method of getting files back and forth from your device.

The only Video Analysis solution with an end-to-end solution (Back-End, Mobile and PC Clients of Commercial Quality) is Dartfish, and I doubt many people here are willing to actually "pay for it" otherwise they'd already be using that. That kind of software, is not cheap, so those expecting "Mobile Pricing" for this kind of desktop app, with great quality and optimization... It's a pipe dream...

• paulpaul commented  · 

A big please to making a desktop version. Love this app but would pay for PC functionality. So much easier to edit and use!

• Anonymous commented  · 

can I upload video from my phone to my mac?

• MarkMark commented  · 

I would second the wish for a desktop version, as a tennis coach I love the app but would like the more precise control and larger screen of my laptop. Thanks again for creating such a great mobile app.

• anonymousanonymous commented  · 

Is this available yet on the MAC with elite access?

← Previous 1

Feedback and Knowledge Base